Department Kenya Country Team: Afya Timiza Project
Reporting to:Health Systems Strengthening Advisor
Liaison with:Project team members, consortium partners, headquarters staff, consultants
Type of contract:Fixed term
Options Consultancy Services Limited was established in 1992 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We are a consultancy organisation providing technical and management expertise in the health and social sectors to governments and international development partners to transform the health of
women and children. We provide information, expertise and influence to governments, health workers, NGOs and businesses to catalyse change so that health services can be accessed by the people who need them most.
Main Purpose of Job
The Supply Chain Officer will provide technical assistance to the county government to strengthen county, sub-county and facility level commodity security and quality assurance for Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health commodities. Working with the S/CHMT s/he will support a
programme of work to prevent stock-outs, reduce commodity wastage, and reduce order lead time for essential RMNCAH commodities.
Supply Chain Officer Job Responsibilities
- Support the SCM component of the organizational capacity assessment (OCA), identifying capacity gaps
- Work in partnership with the county government to create a capacity development plan to improve SCM performance
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentorship on specific technical areas, such as:
- Quantification and supply planning, inventory management and stocking according to established stock control parameters
- Development, utilization and scale up of inventory management tools, leveraging existing electronic systems as far as possible
- Quality assurance of FP/RH/MNCH commodities at county level, good storage practices and patient/client safety
- Note: this job description reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the job holder.
Qualifications for the Supply Chain Officer Job
- Degree or professional certification in Supply Chain Management, Business
- At least three years demonstrated experience at mid-level in operational experience designing and managing supply chain systems preferably in the health sector in Kenya.
- Experience working with government or donor funded programs will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level, preferably including demonstrated experience in building capacity in supply chain management.
Skills and Attributes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities
- Professional-level proficiency in oral and written fluency in English and Swahili
- Practical knowledge of the Turkana / Samburu context an added advantage
How to Apply
Those candidates who meet the job requirements as detailed in the advert are encouraged to apply by sending their applications to [email protected] by October 31, 2016.