Supply Chain/Logistics Manager Job at Duma Works, Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting a Supply Chain/Logistics Manager for one of our clients. The hiring firm specialises in the trade of agricultural commodities in East Africa.
Supply Chain Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To handle and oversee all supply chain activities right from procurement to the supply of the processed/traded and from products within the respective places
- Transport and fleet management
- Coordinating the drivers and trucks and plan the loading activities efficiently for the following day
- Coordinating with all departments such as sales, stores and production to ensure that reports are looked at and every single detail is being covered at a snap shot view
- Give detailed reports to CEO and CFO
- Potential post to move up to COO depending on performance.
Essential Requirements for Supply Chain Job
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the above field
- Familiar with areas and on route planning activities in relation with both sales and procurement logistics
- Substantial experience in fleet/transport management.
- Diploma or Degree in supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics or relevant field
- Computer literate
- Competent in the use of ERP systems
- International qualifications in supply chain and logistics
- experience in places such as Cadburys, Nestle, Bata etc
Skills & Competencies for Supply Chain Job
- Highly competent on the tendering process
- Quick thinker and problem solver
- Numerical and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and work within a team
- Ability to multitask and withstand pressure
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Proficient use of MS office suite of packages.
How to Apply
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “2321”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2321, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered. Deadline for receiving applications: 5th August 2016