Supply Chain Management Officer Job at Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
(RI.12) – POSITIONS – ONE (1)
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sag-ana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
Duties for the Supply Chain Management Officer Job
- In charge of the Supply chain management function of the Institute;
- Interpretation and implementation of the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005, the Public Procurement and Disposal Regulations 2006;
- Preparation of procurement plans in accordance with budget process;
- Carrying out internal monitoring and evaluation of supply chain management procedures;
- Development of supply chain management manuals;
- Handling and responding to internal and external audit queries;
- Oversee the implementation of supply chain management policies, guidelines and procedures;
- Planning and coordinating of supply chain management activities;
- Liaison with other heads of departments;
- Secretary to the Institute’s Tender Committee;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Supply Chain Management Officer Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C+ or equivalent;
- Bachelor of Commerce Supply Chain Management; Business Administration ; Finance or its equivalent,
Masters of Arts Degree in any of the following:- Procurement and Supply Management, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other relevant field from a recognized Institution;
- A Post graduate diploma in supplies management or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- A member of recognized Institute of Purchasing and Supplies;
- Satisfactorily served at the position of Principal Supply Chain Management Officer or its equivalent for at least three (3) years;
How to Apply
Remuneration – Basic Salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
- Job Group RI.8 – Minimum KShs.31,020.00 Maximum KShs.41,590.00pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.9 – Minimum KShs.35,910.00 Maximum KShs.45,880.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.10 – Minimum KShs.41,590.00 Maximum KShs.55,840.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.12 – Minimum KShs.77,527.00 Maximum KShs.103,894.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
These positions are permanent and pensionable. Applicants for Job Group RI. 12 must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address shown below not later than 14th June 2017.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
Email: [email protected]
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.