Job Number: 15000I1O)
Schedule : Full-time
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar es Salaam-Dar Es Salaam-Dar Es Salaam
Shift: Day Job
Job : Supply Chain
Travel : No
Main Purpose of the Job
• Manage demand planning for Tanzania, ensuring that forecast Bias and accuracy targets are met
• Manager all planning of stocks into Tanzania from all SU’s, in and out of Africa
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of the Tanzania Customer Service Warehouse & Distribution strategy which are in line with ESA Supply Chain.
• Designing a distribution network that optimizes time at minimal cost
• To provide better customer service in respect of order processing, distribution and ensure continuous supply and distribution of Unilever products to all its customers on time and in full at a minimal distribution cost.
• Implement prudent stock management systems and control to ensure minimal stock loss and damage by managing the Tanzania distribution 3P
• Monitor the quality of service performance from the customers viewpoint and identify those customers in need of service recovery actions by conducting regular transactional surveys as needed (CCFOT and regular customer visits)
• Manage factory clearance and ensure that factories run smoothly with good pallet management. Also coordinate clearance from all 3P’s into Warehouse (3P)
• Responsible for various reports for local consumption and regional
• Liase with regional teams on various activities as required
• Responsible for ISO systems and Unilever and at the warehouse 3P
• Responsible for SHEQ in DHL, at CSO Tanzania operational areas.
• Train team and ensure their progressive development
• Manage credit notes , ensuring speedy resolution and also following up on set up rules.
• Monitor Deliver costs in Tanzania both for warehousing and transportation. Drive down cost to the business while continuously improving Customer Service offering (Deliver Savings Projects).
• Drive and embed ‘Correct 1st Time’ culture in Order to Invoice cycle (Perfect order, Invoice accuracy).Contribute to overall business strategy, specifically in the area of Supply Chain and Customer development strategy.
• Implement supply chain systems to support planning and logistics activities.
• Collaborate with Customer Development to develop customer segmentations. Also working with CD to create business value and drive growth through meeting, servicing and delivering specific needs of each customer.
• Drive and deliver Customer Service Excellence performance through the implementation of order to cash and distribution strategy, work closely with Logistics providers and management of distribution facilities.
• Recommend appropriate Customer Development change programmes and policies.
• Negotiate and obtain approval for 3P Warehousing, Distribution and Logistics contracts.
• Drive initiatives to improve efficiency in Order to Cash cycle.
• Initiate and ensure effective execution of customer service and distribution processes, policies and organisation.
• Ensure customer service and distribution processes, policies and organization integrates effectively with upstream (CD, demand planning, supply planning, category management, supply chain development) and downstream processes (financial account).
• Review key customer service’s performance expectations with customers and ensure their needs are communicated internally.
• Manage agreement, implementation and where necessary termination of 3P Warehousing, Distribution & Logistics Contracts for Tanzania
• Advise and keep superiors informed of any serious operational issues.
Key Skills and Qualifications
• Business Studies at degree level
• At least 4-6 years’ experience in supply chain operations management
• SAP knowledge
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft office packages esp. Excel
• Safety and Quality
• FMCG experience
How to Apply
Click here to apply