Support Analyst Jobs at Safaricom Limited
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Information Systems Operations Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Systems Support, the position holder will provide 1st and 2nd line functional and technical support of Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning systems, Point Of Sale Retails Systems, Identity Management System and other related systems.
Support Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Work Closely with the team to provide Expert Support to the assigned Systems.
- Monitor assigned systems and all the interfaces to other applications and manage the technical operations including incident and change management.
- Ensure availability and usability of the assigned systems and data integrity.
- Proactively Identify and resolve problems that may impact end users.
- Review support procedures and processes and initiate quality checks of assigned systems and other related applications.
- Ensuring documentation of all interfaces and document RCA of System Incidences and Faults.
- Respond promptly to inquiries and requests from both internal and external users.
- Provide 2nd level product support.
- Recommend appropriate course of action or system changes to address issues.
- Provide secondary and tertiary support for these systems and all interfaces.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on the assigned systems’ technical operations.
- Upgrading applications before rollout provision of UAT’s environment.
- End to end project management of systems upgrades, successful delivery to market on time, with minimal adverse impact.
- Liaising with Key Strategic Business units and Suppliers developers to ensure stakeholders are kept informed of issues affecting system.
- Work with external and internal technical teams to ensure efficient resolution of all systems issues.
- Develop, test and document disaster Recovery Plans for the above systems and related applications.
Requirements for the Support Analyst Job
- University Degree in IT or Comp Science or related field.
- UNIX and Oracle Certification a must.
- Working knowledge of Oracle SQL and PLSQL.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a client server environment.
- 2 years DBA and/or Application Support experience
- Programming skills in any 4GL or a functional programming language e.g. SQL
- Highly developed analytical thinking skills
- Ability to role-model and manage customers and fellow team member.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal here and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your resume.