Our client, Ollin SACCO Society Limited, a licensed deposit taking SACCO, with its headoffice located in Kerugoya town, Kirinyaga County and its membership spread across all the 47 counties, seeks to recruit a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Systems Administrator.
The System Administrator will offer support in the provision of efficient and effective ICT Services to the Sacco and Deputize the ICT Manager.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Together with the ICT Manager ensure appropriate Database management and administration;
- Together with the ICT Manager ensure safe custody of data and information through regular backup for Sacco data (both onsite and off-site).
- Ensure prompt data processing and transmission to all branches and monitoring of the Sacco information systems.
- Together with the ICT Manager ensure proper maintenance of ICT related equipment and security of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot ICT users’ problems relating to internet connectivity, LAN connectivity, email access, computer hardware and software and ensuring smooth operation in the Sacco by promptly liaising with ICT suppliers and support services providers.
- Together with the ICT Manager , development, implementation and management of computerized information systems.
- Together with the ICT Manager, research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Ensuring systems integrity, availability and security.
- Together with the ICT Manager , formulate and implement ICT policies.
- An up-to-date inventory of ICT software and hardware maintained at all times.
- Together with the ICT Manager, ensure that all system users are trained on all the systems used by the society and emerging technologies.
- Ensure that the Sacco webpage is regularly updated in conjunction with marketing unit and a report on such updates maintained.
- Any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who have:
- Bachelors’ degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- 3 years working experience in the grade of System Administrator or equivalent in or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in busy organization.
- Professional qualification in ICT (IMIS, MSCE or MSCD or DBA,Networking).
- Wide experience and a high level of competence in computerized information systems.
- CPA Part II.
- Membership in a professional association will be an added advantage.
- Self-driven, initiative-taking, highly dynamic & able to work long hours unsupervised.
- Proven ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging ICT technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify new and better ICT approaches to work processes and incorporates same.
- Demonstrate logical and analytical approach to problems solving.
- Good team player with high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to formulate, implement and monitor ICT Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unquestionable Integrity and strong ethical standard.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the attached online form(openable with Adobe Reader).
- Must indicate the Job Reference Number on the application form OLNSA/CCIA/2017.
- Once you complete, click on the submit button below, follow the simple instructions and send
- Applications should be received not later than close of business 23rd June 2017.