Our client, one of the finest beach resorts in Kenya that features a stylish and modern architectural design and yet effortlessly blends into the African natural scenery is looking to fill the position of an IT System Engineer for their office based in Mombasa, Kenya. The successful Candidate should have knowledge of micros, Fidelio and ERP.
• Capacity management & audit of IP address for Wi-Fi, admin network & hosted devices within local data center.
• Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network, scheduling upgrades.
• Undertake data network fault investigations in local & wide area environments.
• Securing network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access.
• Configuration of access points, gigabyte switches.
• The support and administration of firewall environments in line with IT security policy.
• Report network operational status by gathering & prioritizing information & managing projects.
• Upgrading data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
• The basic configuration of firewalls.
• Daily reporting to local IT manager and corporate IT manager.
• Minimum education of Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
• Should have minimum 5 years’ experience in the hotel industry.
• Excellent documentation and communication skills.
• Excellent understanding of 2.4GHz and 5GHz channelization.
• Must have knowledge of micros, Fidelio and ERP.
• Sound knowledge of configuration of routing, switching equipment & fail over switches.
• Good knowledge of laptop, computer & printer troubleshooting .
• Sound knowledge of fiber network.
• Willing to relocate to Mombasa.