Librarian Kenyan Job At Taita Taveta County
The Taita Taveta County public Service Board invites applications from suitable and qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following vacant positions:
Librarian JG K – 1 POST
Terms: Permanent & Pensionable
Librarian Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- To establish a County Information Centre and a library;
- To oversee collection and documentation of reference materials;
- To liaise with County department on their information and reference material needs;
- To advise the Ministry on collection of periodicals, books and other information sources;
- Any other duties to be assigned by the Chief Officer.
Requirements For Librarian Jobs In Kenya
- Be a holder of a first degree in Library Science, Archives and Records Management, Information Science, or related field from a recognized university in Kenya;
- Have at least two (2) years’ experience in this field;
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience at Job Group J in library or Records Management.
- Diploma in a relevant field from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to: The Secretary County Public Service Board Private Bag Voi Or hand delivered at the Board offices Ground floor Maghamba Plaza, Opposite Kenya Power offices, Voi. Important information
- Candidates must attach a clear copy of their national identity card or valid passport.
- All candidates should satisfy the requirements of chapter six. In their applications ,they should attach clearance certificates from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission(EACC),Kenya Police Service Clearance(Certificate of good Conduct), Kenya Revenue tax clearance (KRA),Higher Education Loans Board(HELB), Credit Reference Bureau(CRB)
- The applications with copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 4.30 PM Friday 11th March 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Youth, women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply. Candidates found canvassing will automatically be disqualified.