TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY (TANESCO)
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT SYSTEM OPERATORS 09 POSTS
Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO) is focusing on increasing the outreach and service quality of its Energy products for Tanzanians. Next to its current passion as a leading provider of electricity is to be more efficient customer focused utility for Tanzania and beyond. The Company has the largest electricity generation, transmission and distribution network in Tanzania. In order to reach its goals, the Company is investing heavily in its generation, transmission and distribution network, its business systems and human capital. TANESCO now invites applicants who are self-motivated, honest, hardworking and committed individuals to fill the under-mentioned positions for Transmission Business Unit at Head Office and Upcountry.
Specific attributes for the Positions to be filled:
All Candidates must:
• Demonstrate outstanding performance track record.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision.
• Be capable of delivering expected results and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
• Must be computer literate.
Job Title: Transport management officer trainee (2 posts)
Reports To: Principal Grid Operation Engineer
REF. NO. 01
• Grid System monitoring to ensure that a continuous and reliable flow of electric power supply from generating plants to various places of grid destination and distribution points are maintained.
• Collect all necessary initial technical data in the daily log sheets and defect register book.
• Issue permits to work, limitation of access, sanction of test after proper Isolation of equipment at switch yard before people start working to ensure highest safety standards are observed and maintained all the times in order to preserve life and property.
• Maintain close liaison with Grid Control Centre (SCADA), Generating plants stations and other grid substation Operators to ensure smooth restoration of power supply in case of System power failure.
• Report a day recorded shift events to System control Supervisor to ensure the higher authority get informed for record and action.
Professional and Minimum Requirements
• FTC in Electrical Engineering or holder of (Ordinary Diploma in Electrical Engineering) NTA level 6 from a recognized Institute OR
• Relevant Technical Vocational Training (Trade Test) from recognized Vocational Training Institutions.
• Working experience will be an added advantage.
• Ability to work outside normal hours, weekends and holidays to support “24/7” real time operations.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and commensurate with the responsibility will apply to successful candidates. All positions’ terms of employment are performance based contracts.
How to Apply
If you are a Tanzanian National and interested in the position you should apply by sending an application letter, giving full details of previous work life history, qualifications and include two (02) work references. Application letters should be marked ‘’Private and Confidential addressed to:
Senior Manager Human Resources
TANESCO – HEAD OFFICE
P. O BOX 9024
DAR ES SALAAM – TANZANIA
Application close date: 26th October, 2015
Source: Daily News 13th October, 2015