Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an international NGO focused on Child Rights.
To support the development of its Health and Nutrition Programme in Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging Kenyan Nationals to apply for the following position
Health and Nutrition Project Officer
Positions Réf.: Tdh/HPO/2015/1
Reporting to: Health and Nutrition Project Manager
Duty station: Garissa, Garissa County
Contract duration: 1 year (with 3-month probation period)
The Heath and Nutrition Officer participates in the development of the intervention strategy and contributes to the smooth running of the project in line with Tdh policies (strategic plan, theme, way of working) and national intervention strategies in order to achieve the results expected within the framework of the project(s):
S/he participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and financial management of the Project.
- Make sure that IMAM, MIYCN, and IMCI national protocols are respected.
- Supervise medical care provided to the beneficiaries in OTP, SC, SFP at both facility and outreach levels.
- Conduct supportive supervision jointly with MoH, WFP and UNICEF.
- Compile and analyze routine program and facility data.
- Monitor supplies consumption, project requirements and make orders in time.
- Participate in assessments and surveys as necessary.
- Ensure enhanced drug and supplies management system at health facilities in collaboration with the Sub-County Health Management Team (SCHMT) and County Health Management Team (CHMT) and nurse in charge.
- Carry out facility gap analysis in collaboration with the nurse in charge and develop plan of action and provide recommendation to program manager.
- In collaboration with the nurse in charge of the health facilities identify possible problems and solve them.
- Organize and provide training (classroom or OJT) to ministry of health staff according to the IMAM, MIYCN, HINI, IMCI national guidelines in order to improve quality of services delivered.
- Facilitate and support the formation and strengthening of existing mother mentor support groups.
- Strengthen documentation of activities and reporting at health facilities through on job coaching.
- Ensure integration of nutrition program with other sectors particularly child protection and WASH within the project.
- Facilitate and attend Facility Health Management Team meetings and Sub County Nutrition Technical Forum meetings in the absence of the Health and Nutrition Project Manager.
- Strengthen collaboration with MoH staff in order to ensure success of the project.
- Support SCNO in coordination of monthly Sub County nutrition technical meetings.
- Work in close collaboration with different stakeholder involved in health/nutrition activities: MOH, UN, NGOs
- Represent Tdh at Sub-County steering group meetings
- Academic qualifications:- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health and/or Nutrition(minimum of 5 years’ experience in Health and Nutrition Programming with focus on Health systems strengthening)
- Previous experience in providing health system strengthening to MoH, NGO and other organization desirable.
- Strong representation skills at the county level with sound orientation of MoH systems in Kenya
- Team management experience.
- Excellent Communication skills, (Project reporting and evaluation experience).
- Strong training experience required.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus.
- Good computer skills: MS Word and Excel.
How to Apply
Only candidates that fit the requirements above are invited to submit a covering letter, CV with contacts of 3 References (if requirements are not met or application is incomplete, the application will not be considered). The Application can be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for this position is 14th September 2015
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.