Commitment: 10 weeks
IPA Rwanda is looking for one intern to begin in September 2015 to support its project Pay for Performance Among Rwandan School Teachers. This project is working closely with the Ministry of Education in Rwanda and its implementing arm the Rwanda Education Board. The study is taking place in 100 schools in Rwanda and will examine the impact of two types of support to teachers – a lightweight program of in-service training for teachers and a teacher recognition program that systematically rewards teachers who meet certain standards. The intern will be supporting these activities, the data collection surrounding them, the processing of any data collected to date and the preparations for further survey rounds.
The baseline for this work was completed in July 2015 and the next round of data collection will take place in fall 2015. During this period, the intern will support the implementation of additional student testing as well as data collection from participating teachers. This work will include recruiting and training enumerators, monitoring all data for quality and managing the data entry for all student test data.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, social sciences, public policy, or related fields
- Master’s degree preferred
- Advanced Stata skills (or other data analysis software)
- Experience with data management
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently and a team player
- Fluency and excellent communication skills in English
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is preferred
- Experience living in a developing country is a plus
- In the email body: Put your full name, first (given) name followed by last (family) name.
- Attachments: Please attach your resume and cover letter.
- In the subject line: Copy exactly the following position line: IPA Rwanda, Education Intern