- Establish the morning and extended day work period and give lessons as needed.
- Establish and maintain classroom true to the Montessori philosophy, paying particular attention to the needs of students.
- Implement and update curriculum as student needs dictate.
- Plan, prepare and maintain all units of study – including Montessori materials, thematic units, library books, etc.
- Facilitate a respectful environment for children and adults by advocating conflict resolution and a Grace and Courtesy lessons.
- Communicate via newsletters (diaries) with parents about their children’s school lives every week and educate parents in Montessori philosophy.
- Prepare for and schedule 3 individual communications with all parents during the school year. (Teacher – Parent Conference)
- Schedule and work with other faculty for any joint Parents Nights, programs/performances, etc.
- Carefully observe and keep daily records on each student’s individual progression through the classroom.
- Maintain the school system of record keeping.
- Complete individual learning plans and conference forms for all students.
- Keep a school calendar of events.
Supervision of Classroom Assistant and Interns :
- Establish a harmonious relationship with assistant and intern.
- Plan, prepare and organize all materials for parent volunteers.
- Care for all classroom animals and plants.
- Organize planning time for changing cut material, cleaning and reorganizing works.
7:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Requirements for the Class Teacher Job
- Must be a holder of a Diploma in Montessori Education from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Class teacher in a Montessori classroom.
- Must be Computer Literate.
How to Apply
Send CVs in Ms Word to [email protected]. You can also reach us on +254 (0) 20 720 1104, for more details