Desired start date: March 2017
SNV is a non-profit international development organization established in the Netherlands in 1965. For over 50 years, SNV has been at the forefront of development, helping to build local capacity and empower local families and communities to break the cycle of poverty.
We are present on the ground in 38 developing countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Balkans and operate in Agriculture & Food Security, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
Our 1,200+ advisors in the field come from a variety of cultural and technical backgrounds, and over 60 per cent are nationals of the countries where we work.
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene).
In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya.
The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Kericho and Kilifi.
Technical Expert Job Key Responsibilities
- Broadly, the Forest Management/Forest Inventory Expert will offer technical expertise by providing advisory support or management of forest ecosystems and climate change resilience initiatives.
Qualifications and skills for the Technical Expert Job
- At least a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Natural Resource Management, Environmental Management,
- Natural Sciences, Climate Change or related field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite.
- At least 8 years proven experience providing advisory support or management of forest ecosystems and climate change resilience initiatives.
- Proven strong writing, analytical, communication and reporting skills
- At least 6 years proven experience in forest management, planning and restoration / forest inventory programme/project operations
- At least 3 years proven experience in knowledge transfer through training and other capacity development methods.
- At least 3 years proven experience in community based natural resource management, climate change adaptation among small holder farmers, reduced emissions from deforestation and forest degradation plus (REDD +), payment for ecosystem services( PES), multilateral environmental agreement including climate change policy frameworks, land use – forestry based green houses gases(GHG) accounting.
- Proven knowledge in international policies relevant to natural resource management and climate change
How to Apply
Please apply by clicking APPLY and submitting application letter and a CV that contains three referees in English to the attention of Human Resources Officer before 7th December, 2016 citing the position title as reference. CVs will be reviewed as they come and you can be contacted even before the closing date. We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement. NB: Only shortlisted will be contacted