Our client, a group of companies based in Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a Technical Procurement Manager to formulate and drive a consistent approach towards all sourcing, procurement and tendering activity within the business. Ideal candidate MUST have prior experience in dealing with international suppliers and working in heavy machinery industry or Automotive.
- Maintain detailed records as required for procurement coordination by forecasting levels of demand for spare parts.
• Negotiate sales terms with manufacturing representatives and overseas shipping firms at a competitive market price.
• Lead supplier negotiations, recommend suppliers and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement on price, quality and payment terms.
• Support the business in its endeavors by monitoring suppliers’ performance in line with KPIs, contractual obligations and service level agreements.
• Ensure guarantees and warrantees are enforced on all supplied products when applicable.
• Conducting research to ascertain fast moving consumables and the best suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
• Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
• Processing payments and invoices, keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future, forecasting price trends
• Develop, train and supervise staff on the company’s procurement strategy and savings that may be of benefit to the entire Group.
• Continuously liaise with clearing agents (sea, air/land) to source for best rates to reduce the cost of transport.
• Ensure all shipments are insured to eliminate shipment/handling liabilities to the company.
- Degree in a relevant related field
• Must have prior experience in dealing with international suppliers.
• Must have worked in heavy machinery industry or Automotive.
• Must demonstrate knowledge in inventory accounting, inventory storage systems
• Excellent planning skills and highly organized with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and under strict deadlines.
• Can adapt quickly to different environments.
• Effective people & project management skills.
• Ability to perform at a high level, constantly with proven experience