Position: Technical Service Engineer
Purpose: To carry out pre/after sales support in terms of servicing the equipment, project design, installations, testing, commissioning, technical training including documentation of project handing over and certifications.
Qualification and skills
• Holder of a Degree or HND in electrical / electronic engineering or related field from a recognized university/college
• Registered in a professional body
• Valid driving, electrician, solar technician license
• At least 4years experience as a technical service engineer in a reputable company handling rectifiers, ups, stabilizers, inverters, solar systems, water heating and other related products
• Aware of design tools and techniques
• Ability to use hand and measuring equipment and observe safety –OSHA requirement
• Ability to read/understand electrical/mechanical diagrams and schematics
• Very strong analytical and trouble shooting skills in electrical and electronic systems
• Proficiency in ICT
Duties and responsibilities
• Perform preventive maintenance and diagnostic on the ups, stabilizers, generators, inverters, rectifiers and other systems including solar and water heating systems
• Provide weekly status/updates on repaired/workshop items and relevant event logs retrieval and archiving
• Ensures all the systems within our product portfolio are well maintained in house
• Perform repair, replacements, upgrades adjustments and calibration on equipment
• Responds to customer service calls (on-site, on-line during day and after hours) to answer support calls related to service and application issues
• Ensures timely response to customers while adhering to service SLAs
• Prepare electrical designs for various projects
• Escalates difficult/challenges to technical design and innovative team
• Prepare bill of quantities of various projects
• Sizing of electrical systems
• Creation and management of electrical scope of works
• Completes and submits written service orders for warranty an non-warranty products
• Document item issued/received in workshop-includes initiating service tickets
• Documentation on quality control, tests, commissioning and acceptance tests
• Updating project status while interfacing with project team and operations
• Coming up with innovative ideas that can positively differentiate our products in the competitive market.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the required credentials and fit the required profiles, please write in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 23rd October 2013 and attach your application letter and CV indicating your contacts.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.