Our client is a fast growing innovative company, providing affordable access to Internet services to low income areas. They seek to hire an experienced HR Manger who will be tasked with executing the HR functions in the company.
Reporting to: COO/CEO
HR Manager Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day human resources operations of the Kenyan business
- Ensure 100% accuracy at all times of all relevant documentation in accordance with Kenyan labour law
- Provide professional advice and guidance on HR strategies, policies and procedures
- Supporting the COO and the rest of the senior team to realize the strategy.
- Act as day to day liaison between the local team and the COO/CEO for all HR matters.
- In consultation with other managers anticipate future staffing requirements in line with strategic plans
- Maintain organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program
- Maintain paper and electronic employee data files on all employment activity
- Maintain human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- In conjunction with other line managers, establish, maintain and deliver the training necessary to ensure staff is equipped to deal with HR responsibilities.
- Maintain a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys as well as scheduling and conducting job evaluations
- Prepare administrative budgets
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Performance management i.e. evaluate employees’ reports, decisions and results in relation to established goals
- Provide advice to staff on employment relations issues
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results to coach and discipline them
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Monitor and track compliance with contracts, including labor, service and product providers, and any other HR related agreements
- Efficiently manage day to day relationships with suppliers and business partners.
- Champion the company brand identity and culture
- Act as first level of escalation for any HR aspects for the business.
Requirements for the HR Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or an equivalent
- At least 7-10 years prior Human Resource Management experience required
- Excellent knowledge of human resource administrative and support tools
- Knowledge of Kenyan Labor Laws
- Must have excellent written/ oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Sound judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (HR Manager – Telecommunication) to [email protected] before Monday 8th May 2017. Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV