Job Title: Telephone Operator/Receptionist
Organisation: United States US Embassy, US Mission in Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Grade: FSN-3 (Ugshs 29,144,837 to 42,715,636 p.a. inclusive of allowances)
Vacancy Announcement Number: 51-16
About US Embassy:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Deborah R. Malac currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
Job Summary: The Telephone Operator/Receptionist will support the US Embassy by serving as its Switch Board Operator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate the switch board:
- Receiving calls from both outside callers and intercom, redirecting calls to the intended recipients.
- Placing calls for Mission personnel who do not have access to outgoing lines, while recording them to identify official or personal calls.
- Answering telephone call inquiries where possible, especially for those in need of consular services. Forward calls to the respective offices for answers as well as providing general information such as relevant website addresses, information and directories.
- Coordinate conference rooms booking for meetings / workshops by using the calendar to send out confirmations as well write and correct conference room notices.
- Give out Dip Note numbers to offices that need them for use by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Uganda, while keeping an up to date record of dip notes issued on the computer.
- Work closely with the security reception about incoming visitors by following up on phone directly with the concerned State / USAID employee or section for further guidance on disposition of the visitor.
- Distribute mail and packages, in the absence of the Mail Room Clerk and the Back Up.
- Act as a backup Time Keeper for Time and Attendance
- In charge of backing up and updating the Mission Phone Directory list.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
- The US Embassy Telephone Operator/Receptionist should hold an A’ level secondary certificate with secretarial skills at post-secondary level (minimum 2 years) with subjects in Secretarial skills, office administration & Customer care.
- At least two years’ receptionist experience is required.
- Working knowledge of clerical procedures and correspondence styles, Mission structure and knowledge of who is who among the chancery and GSO contacts in Kampala is required.
- Excellent typing, computer skills, ability to deal with the public, run the switchboard and handle conflicting demands is required.
· Language Proficiency: List both English and host country language(s) by level and specialization. Level III English ability is required.
How to Apply:
All those interested in working with the US mission in Kampala should send their applications and strictly adhere to the following:
- Download a completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff, Download it Here.
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
By email at [email protected]
NB: Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as Microsoft Word (.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment (No Zipped files, Links or Multiple Attachments) and should not exceed 10MB. Please clearly indicate the position number and title you are applying for on the DS-174 form.
Deadline: 7th June 2016