This position is responsible for the daily expenditure, management and maintenance of the RSC Africa financial records, in accordance with the guidelines of DOS/PRM and RSC Africa policies and procedures.
The position also acts as a back up to the Senior Accountant and works closely with the Regional Deputy Director for Administration, Human Resources staff, General Services staff and other staff in the Administration and Operations Departments.
Duties for the Temporary Accountant Job
- Administers, disburses and replenishes the Shilling and Dollar petty cash funds.
- Enters check and petty cash payments into Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting system.
- Enters data into the accounts receivable module and distributes quarterly debtors’ statements to staff.
- Assists and organizes relevant documents for the annual audit.
- Receives refunds of unused travel cash advances and any other cash and check refunds, issues receipts for any refund received and ensures regular and timely banking of all refunds received.
- Ensure that Trip Expense Reports are duly signed by the relevant staff supervisors and filed appropriately.
- Performs quarterly stock-take of Inventory and prepares and submits a report on variances to the Regional
- Deputy Director for Administration and General Services Manager for follow up.
- Assists in budget preparation by providing requested data.
- Follows sound accounting procedures and practices in conformity with GAAP, IAS and OMB circulars to ensure accuracy and transparency on the use of US Government’s funds.
- Reviews purchase requests before they are turned into purchase orders.
- Files and retrieves financial documents.
- Assist with bank reconciliations on monthly basis.
- Reconciles and disburses monthly, quarterly and annual statutory deductions and returns, including pension, withholding tax, NHIF, NSSF, PAYE within the statutory period.
- Prepares monthly Expatriate/Senior Management fringe benefit report.
- Prepares staff Telephone Bills report and sends to payroll section on monthly basis.
- Undertakes all duties as may be assigned by supervisor in order to improve on internal controls and financial operations for the overall achievement of RSC Africa’s goals and objectives.
Temporary Accountant Job Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting, Finance or other Business Degree or four (4) years of experience in lieu of a degree required.
- Computer Literacy and CPA qualification necessary for the position.
- 5 years of work experience required.
- 2 years directly related specialized experience performing the essential duties in finance is required.
- Experience in the Non-Governmental sector preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Dynamics-GP or similar accounting software required.
- Knowledge of fund and accrual accounting principles is required.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality and integrity of accounts and budget information.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude.
- Ability to conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP.
- Ability to maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to overall operations at management level.
- Ability to manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
- Ability to work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- Ability to actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee Processing Program in Africa.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public.
- Ability to carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision; Ability to lead others and address issues as they arise.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Ability to effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources.
How to Apply
Please open the link http://rscafrica.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2d9enfilbja