Territory Sales Executive Job at Sheer Logic
Department: Sales & Distribution
Reports to: Zonal Sales Manager
Function level: Entry and off roll
Salary: 30,000 Basic, plus Commission
Maximises sales revenue by working through and with distributors, dealers and other partners. Works alongside distributors and staff to carry out all the activities required to achieve set targets. Monitors stock levels both at distributor level and in the trade; also identifies gaps in the distribution chain and brings them to management attention for action.
Responsible for generating revenue by closing sales. Sells products and services directly to customers primarily via face-to-face contact. Develops strong relationships with these customers to ensure sensitivity to the customer’s needs, concerns and emerging requirements.
Territory Sales Executive Job Responsibilities
Assures the achievement of agreed sales and revenue targets through distributors, dealers and other partners that resell the products and services:
- Implements assigned action plans aimed at achieving sales and revenue targets.
- Continually monitors own performance against plans and targets and takes remedial action where required
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Closely monitors distributors/partners against anticipated sales revenue and ensures on-target performance is achieved
- Continuously promotes products and services with a view to increase subscriber numbers and achieve revenue targets
Implement sales and distribution activities in the territory:
- Co-ordinates the distribution of products within territory to ensure continuous availability
- Manages the distribution of branding and promotion materials to enhance visibility and build consumer/dealer loyalty within the territory
- Mobilizes dealer staff to participate in the implementation of various projects
- Identifies requirements for trade promotions and recommends to the Regional Manager
- Implements and supports promotional activities in the territory
- Monitors competitor activity within the region and reports with recommendations for action
Work with and support dealers / partners:
- Familiarizes him/herself with the dealer/partner targets for the territory
- Supports the dealer/partner in developing action plans geared towards the achievement of the agreed targets
- In instances of shortfalls, establishes causes and takes remedial actions including coaching of dealer staff and trade promotions, in consultation with the Regional Manager
- Works alongside dealer staff, as part of coaching and monitoring process
- Trains all dealers/partners on products and/or serves
Support retailers in the business line assigned i.e. Data, Voice and mobile Money:
- Recruits Sim selling outlets, Recharge selling Outlets, Data selling outlets, mobile money agents etc. as will be advised from time to time
- Provides airtime and other company’s products to resellers in this outlets
- Provides follow-up with distributors, dealers and other partners to ensure satisfaction with products and/or services provided
- Generates weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports on the sales trends in the territory
- Generates weekly reports on dealers performance
- Market intelligence reports on competitor activity
- Good knowledge of telecommunication products/services and pricing practices.
- Basic knowledge and use of technical principles, theories and concept.
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
Qualification for the Territory Sales Executive Job
- Minimum qualification is University Degree/ Diploma
- Able to work and deliver on short-term targets and objectives
- Go getter with a positive attitude
- IT literacy
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good communication and presentation skills
How to Apply
If you believe your career objectives match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5th May 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: [email protected] clearly marking – The preferred region on the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Our Client is an Equal opportunity employer.