The BOMA Project
Recruiting – Data Analyst
Location: The BOMA Project, Nanyuki Office
Position Overview: The BOMA Project seeks a Data Analyst to conduct analysis of program data for reporting and to provide real-time feedback to program staff.
The ideal candidate will have advanced skills in Stata, two or more years of experience conducting data analysis, knowledge of statistics, and strong writing skills.
Applicants who can demonstrate commitment, flexibility, enthusiasm and good team skills are preferred.
The position reports to the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager of The BOMA Project in Kenya.
Qualified individuals from Marsabit and Samburu are encouraged to apply.
- Conduct analysis of current and historical program data
- Use data to identify program gaps and trends
- Compile and present data in a way that is easy to understand
- Innovate new ways to visualize data
- Prepare reports for donors
- Adhere to project deadlines
- At least one year of experience conducting data analysis using Stata (skills to be tested during interview)
- Experience cleaning large data sets
Knowledge of statistics
- Naturally curious and analytical; able to sort through extensive data and craft hypotheses
- Strong writing skills with experience preparing reports and technical documents
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, monitoring and evaluation or other relevant field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to project timelines
- Experience conducting household surveys
- Experience using Sales Force
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the person specifications and the requirements as outlined above should send their CV and cover letter to [email protected]
All applications must be received by Tuesday, 13th October 2015.
Only e-mail applications will be accepted. Qualified candidates should be prepared to provide three industry-related references upon request. BOMA is an equal opportunity employer