Define your Career, Expand your Horizons
We seek to recruit candidates with a proven track record of driving results, strong business and financial acumen and good understanding of Card business. If you possess excellent relationship management skills and a strong track record in managing complex, multi-national/key account portfolios in this space then this is an opportunity for you.
Reporting to the Head of Card Business, the Acquiring Manager seek profitable new merchant business, establish, manage and develop new acceptance opportunities that are long term and profitable while ensuring the provision of first class customer service.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Identify target customers, forge strategic partnerships that are profitable and spearhead acquiring projects.
- Develop relationships with all staffing levels across all lines of business within each of the strategic key accounts to ensure that company’s continues to be a key part of their business growth opportunities.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with strategically important customers to assure revenue growth and maintain brand reputation.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and requirements of customers’ businesses and make sound commercial judgments in order to retain and fully develop customer base.
- Determine, develop and implement strategies and tactics to achieve/exceed sales targets, and combat competitive threats.
- Help align Merchant strategic plans with Country plans.
- Provide oversight and direction to the unit team in accordance with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Support staff in setting performance goals and evaluate staff performance as per set guidelines with a key focus of leading the team to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity and quality.
- Maintain and understand the business environment in which the customer operates and be fully updated on customer activities as reported in the media and via internal Group sources.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in Business Related field from a recognized university.
- 5 years minimum experience in merchant acquiring with 3 years as an Acquiring Manager with a proven track record of high performance in Merchant Sales
- Excellent knowledge of the Card Acquiring industry with proven success rate in negotiations within a corporate environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable experience in managing customer situations within complex decisions.
- Demonstrable ability to effectively manage a team and excel in a culture of high achievement
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here