Grade : P4
Organ : East Legislative Assembly
Reports to : Clerk
Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the processes that promote better utilization of the Assembly’s human and financial resources in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Staff and Financial Rules and Regulations and other decisions and directives issued from time to time by the Assembly, the EALA Commission, the Council and the Clerk.
Responsibilities for the Deputy Finance & Administration Job
- Coordinate implementation of policies and programmes related to finance,human resources, information management and administrative support;
- Prepare draft budget estimates in respect of each Financial Year inaccordance with budgetary guidelines and decisions of the Assembly for consideration of the Assembly’s top management;
- Plan, organize, execute and control the day-to-day financial management function of the Assembly, overseeing the cash flow and cash position of the Assembly and making appropriate recommendations to the top management and advising on appropriate investments;
- Enforce compliance to the relevant Staff and Financial Rules and Regulations and the established policies and procedures relating to staff and financial matters;
- Provide managerial support and technical advice related to the sectors and staff under your supervision;
- Liaise with Staff to develop specific, measureable, accurate, realistic and time bound (SMART) performance indicators, monitor and evaluateindividual Staff performance and ensure that the Assembly’s performance evaluation/appraisal and feedback process is applied to all staff of the Assembly;
- Identify policy gaps, initiate and facilitate research and studies in priority programme areas for the sectors under your supervision;
- Coordinate Implementation of the relevant Assembly/Council decisions and consolidate progress and annual reports on status of implementation of thesaid Assembly/Council decisions/directives;
- Coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and other periodic reports such as budget performance status reports, advances and monthly accounts;
- Participate in the meetings of the F&A and other relevant Committees oCouncil as well as the Assembly’s committees on General Purpose and Accounts;
- Facilitate the meetings of the EALA Commission whenever required;
- Monitor the Assembly’s budget performance and make appropriate recommendations to the top management;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Qualifications for the Deputy Finance & Administration Job
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business/Public Administration/Management or related discipline from a recognized University.
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience in Public Management particularly in Finance and Human Resource and administration sector of which 5 years’ must have been at a level not less than that of a Principal Officer . Knowledge and experience of the workings of Parliament will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
Excellent organizational skills, ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, ability to multi-task and work in teams, excellent oral and written communication skills, confident and able to work with the highest level of decorum and own initiative, ability to anticipate needs of the Assembly with utmost priority in mind, and excellent computer and management skills.
Eligibility for applications:
Considering the current status of quota points per Partner State under East African Legislative Assembly, only Applicants from the Republic of Burundi, and Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply for the Position of Deputy Registrar Finance & Administration under EALA .
Terms and Conditions of Service
The position of Deputy Clerk Finance and Administration is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable once.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance,transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned positions are advised to send their applications, detailed
curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three referees, and copy of National Identity Card, or Birth Certificate or Passport showing date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope. For electronic submission, please quote
the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below. Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 21 July 2017.
You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; or have an application letter attached; have certified copies of
5 their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing
The Secretary General
East African Community
o Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.eac.int