The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : Customer Care Officer
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
The Customer Care Officer will be responsible for providing and promoting a professional, high quality, front line customer focused service to all customers. Dealing with all customer enquiries in relation to our services and delivering a service to meet the individual needs of all customers and wherever possible resolving enquiries at first point of contact.
Customer Care Officer Job Responsibilities
- Coordinate Customer Care Centre staff and activities;
- Take responsibility for being the first point of contact for all visitors at the Customer Care Centre and ensuring that a high quality of service is delivered at all times;
- Ensure customers are dealt with promptly, in line with agreed standards and targets;
- Take ownership and responsibility for all inquiries presented to the Customer Care Centre, identify customer needs, and utilising appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and offer appropriate solutions;
- Ensure that all inquiries that require follow up are noted and resolved fully in a timely manner; using computerized helpdesk to record unresolved issues;
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction Surveys and all outbound activities are administered in line with the Placement Service objectives;
- To identify ways in which the Customer Care team can further improve performance and service delivery to customers;
- Have full knowledge and ability to access all services, including translation services to help meet the individual needs of our customers;
- Undertake any such additional duties that are reasonably commensurate with the level of this post.
Requirements for the Customer Care Officer Job
- Have served in the position of Customer Care Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, Management, Business Administration, Office Administration or a related degree qualification from a recognised institution;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and ability in planning and administration of Customer Care function;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.