The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : Driver
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
The job holder is responsible for providing safe, courteous and coordinated movement of staff, visitors and other stakeholders to authorised destinations and also to ensuring the security and safe transfer of goods they transport and assigned vehicles.
Driver Job Responsibilities
- Transport staff, stakeholders and goods courteously to authorised destinations;
- Ensure work tickets are updated to reflect the itinerary before beginning a journey; 3. Ensure safe custody of assigned vehicles and related accessories;
- Carry out weekly inspection of assigned vehicles, document findings and submit signed forms to the supervisor;
- Continuously monitor the condition of assigned vehicles and report defects immediately they occur and ensure follow-up repairs are carried out;
- Maintain cleanliness of all assigned vehicles, both internal and external, and body condition;
- Report incidents and/or accidents, no matter how small, immediately they occur and ensure the relevant documentation is completed within 48 hours;
- Report to supervisor when scheduled services are due and book service times for assigned vehicles;
- Report any damages, loss of items, defacing, and incidents however slight on arrival or when noted;
- Comply with and observe the Kenyan Highway Code, the Placement Service policies, Transport Management
- Policies and Driver Guidelines at all times with minimal deviation; and
- Troubleshoot basic maintenance problems.
Requirements for the Driver Job
- Have served in the position of Driver for a minimum period of two (2) years in the public or private sector;
- Have an O Level Certificate;
- Be IT Literate;
- Shall be desirable that he/she has Motor Vehicle Mechanic Grade certification or a related qualification from a recognised institution
- Possess a driving license for class ABCE; and
- Possess Directorate of Criminal Investigations Certificate of Good Conduct.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.