The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : Internal Auditor
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
Reporting to the Internal Auditor, the job holder is responsible for providing an independent and objective assurance of the reliability and integrity of all information systems and channels and to assist the management in the evaluation of internal controls.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of the annual Information Systems Audit Plan;
- Execute information systems audit reviews based on the annual Information Systems Audit Plan;
- Carry out information systems audits, review existing internal control systems and procedures and report on their effectiveness;
- Carry out compliance audits for information systems management procedures and ensure departmental compliance to the established control framework;
- Carry out routine information systems audit investigations on areas identified by Management;
- Conduct data extraction, analysis, and security reviews utilising various computer assisted audit tools (CAAT);
- Assist in the preparation and development of detailed audit plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit programme;
- Assist in the maintenance and documentation of internal audit standards, policies and practices;
- Follow up on findings of audit reports and their recommendations to ensure adequacy and timeliness of correction or implementation; 10. Any other office administrative services duties that may be assigned.
Requirements for the Internal Auditor Job
- Have served for a minimum period of five (5) years in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Business Management Information System or Business Management and IT or a related degree from a recognised institution;
- Be a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Be a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- A Masters degree in a relevant field from a recognised institution will be an added advantage;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and ability in planning, management and administration of the human resource and administration function;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and ability in the auditing of information systems and other auditing functions.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.