The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : Security Officer
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring provision of effective security services.
Security Officer Job Responsibilities
- Advise management on all security matters including policies and implementation strategies;
- Ensure protection of the Placement Services assets against theft, terrorism, pilferage, damage, misuse and sabotage;
- Implement security measures to ensure maximum protection of the Placement ServiceÕs staff and property;
- Direct investigations into security breaches, potential threats and taking or recommending remedial action to protect the institutions interests;
- Establish and maintain linkages with law enforcement agencies to enhance security;
- Collect and analyse intelligence on current trends in crime and other security matters that could adversely affect the institutions operations, staff and stakeholders and recommend appropriate action to management;
- Liaise with the landlords outsourced security guards to ensure that services rendered meet the set standards;
- Oversee safety training and fire drills; ensure that first aid kits in vehicles and the office premises are stocked in a timely manner; and
- Facilitate prosecution of offenders in collaboration with other agencies and the legal department.
Requirements for the Security Officer Job
- Have served in a security supervisory position in the Armed Forces or the Police Service for a minimum period of two (2) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector including a security firm;
- Have a Bachelors degree in Criminology or a related qualification from a recognised institution;
- Possession of a Diploma in Criminology or related qualification will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated ability to win the support and cooperation of security agencies;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.