The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : Supply Chain Management Assistant
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges.
The job holder is responsible for carrying out procurement activities assigned by the Supply Chain Management Officer that complete the procurement cycle while maintaining the key procurement records and preparing reports as may be required.
Supply Chain Management Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Receiving and recording requisitions for goods and services.
- Recording all documents prepared for procurement in their respective registers such as Quotations Register,
- Dispatch Registers, and Tender Opening Register, among others.
- Assisting in the preparation of bid documents for procurement of goods, works and services within the Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, among others.
- Assisting in preparing reports for all procurement to aid in the generation of reports on the implementation of the Procurement Plan;
- Assisting in maintaining all records involved in the tendering process from the initiation of a procurement process to the award of contracts; 6. Organising tender opening, tender evaluation, inspection and acceptance committees in relation to the tendered goods, works and services;
- Ensuring communication from the Placement Service or the SCM Department is dispatched to all the players in a tendering process e.g. Suppliers, Committees, Government Institutions, User Department;
- Recording data on pre-qualified / registered suppliers including their contacts, nature of business, recommendations and statutory documents
- Preparing suppliers invoices for payment and creating a linkage between procurement and payment files in accordance with the Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Act and Regulations;
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Supply Chain Management Assistant Job
- Have served in the position of Supply Chain Management Assistant for a minimum period of two (2) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have a Bachelors degree in Supplies Management/Economics/Commerce or a related degree qualification;
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or related qualification will be an added advantage;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, integrity and a clear understanding of supply chain management systems, processes, and procedures required in the function;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.