The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Internal Audit Assistant
Reporting to the Internal Audit Manager, the successful applicants will participate in the executing the approved audit plan in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and International Standards on Financial Reporting (IFRS).
- Participating in planning the scope and methodology of audits.
- Conducting routine audits as per the audit plan and as agreed with the Internal Audit Manager.
- Reviewing and determine the accuracy and reliability of accounting records across the hospital.
- Reviewing internal controls and system processes for assurance and validity of data.
- Preparing working papers that demonstrate work done in the field, referenced and documented.
- Maintaining confidentiality of records and information obtained during the course of audit work.
- Justifying audit findings by use of audit working papers.
- Writing and provide draft audit reports for review by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Maintaining good relations with Hospital staff.
- Carrying out spot checks and special assignments as directed by Internal Audit Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- CPA II or ACCA II.
- Business degree in Commerce majoring in Accounting, Economics or Business Management will be an added advantage.
- IT literate and proficient in accounting software applications.
- One year progressive work experience in accounting.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
Ag Head, Human Resources The Nairobi Hospital P.O. Box 30026 Nairobi – 00100
OR e-mail: [email protected]
To be received not later than 25th August 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.