The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement.
The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
Reporting to the Chief Pharmacist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Define, monitor and supervise the implementation of high standard of drug storage, usage, cost effectiveness, cleanliness and service delivery to all internal and external customers.
- To establish and manage the implementation of effective service standard to ensure that patients and customers are served effectively and without necessary delay.
- Provide education and direction on medicines to user departments, medical doctors and pharmacy staff and to participate in training programs of the Nairobi hospital to ensure correct procedures, regulations and drug use.
- Initiate and supervise the maintenance of appropriate safety and security measure in pharmacy practice and advise on the security and use of medicines through the hospital.
- To ensure smooth running of the pharmacy and keep the pharmacy well stocked and tidy.
- To keep tight control of pharmacy stock items at the pharmacy level.
- To participate in the formulation of hospital policies on drug use e.g. infection control-disinfection policy, antibiotic policy and drug administration policy and to implement.
- To participate in pharmacy on call service, evening/weekend and holiday rota according to hospital and work requirements.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Chief Pharmacist.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy Degree
- At least 5 years in pharmacy practice
- Registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
How to Apply
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application quoting the reference and include your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees to:
Ag Head, Human Resources The Nairobi Hospital P.O. Box 30026 Nairobi – 00100
OR e-mail: [email protected]
To be received not later than 25th August 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.