The Office of the Auditor-General Procurement Manager Job
Grade OAG 5
Job Ref. No CS/MP/01/01/2017
Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for coordination of procurement functions in the Office of the Auditor General and ensure that procurement processes are carried out in line with the procurement law and laid down procedures.
Procurement Manager Job Responsibilities
- To ensure that all procurements are carried out in line with the law, policies and regulations.
- To ensure all departments and staff in the Office of the Auditor General are familiar with and comply with the provisions of procurement law and other related guidelines.
- Maintains accurate records of goods purchased, disbursed and defected as well as contract files of vendors to ensure suppliers’ qualifications, timely deliveries and quality controls
- Evaluates bids made by vendors and makes recommendations based on commercial and technical factors
- To lead the supplier negotiations, recommend supplier selection and implement contracts designed to encourage continual improvement.
- To prepare bid documents, quotations and requests for proposals for use by the Office.
- To draft vendor contract documents for approval by the Head of Procurement.
- To supervise and allocate tasks to subordinates in the Section.
Requirements for the Procurement Manager Job
- A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement or its recognized and equivalent qualification from a reputable university.
Diploma in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- A master’s degree in the relevant field will be an added advantage.
- A member of Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or a relevant professional body.
- Possess a valid practicing license from the KISM.
- High degree of professional competence and administrative capacity required for effective planning, direction, control and coordination of Supply Chain Management programmes.
- Ability to articulate, interpret supply chain goals, policies and programmes and relate them to the supply chain function.
- Practical working knowledge and competence with purchasing management software and/or automated procurement systems is mandatory.
- 8 years relevant working experience.
- Ethical: Understand ethical behaviour and public sector practices. Ensure that own behaviour and behaviour towards others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values and ethical standards of the Office of the Auditor – General.
- Linguistic Analytical: Ability Understands complicated linguistic information, both spoken and written. Produces own documents of high quality.
- Problem Solving: analytical ability Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and efficient manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques. Speak eloquently and engagingly in meetings, in one-on-one situations as well as in small and large groups. Listen, be receptive to the counterpart and adapt to the situation. Adjust the message to the recipient.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance effectiveness within the Office.
- Negotiation skills: Ability to communicate back and forth, for the purpose of reaching a joint agreement about differing needs or ideas.
- Planning and organizing: Set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results. Determine priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, track details, data, information and activities to ensure the alignment of work to the organizational goals.
How to Apply
Applications together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of professional and academic Certificates, other testimonials and National Identification card should be submitted to the e – mail address shown against each of the vacancies on or before September 4th, 2017 addressed to:
Auditor –General Office of the Auditor General P. O. Box 30084-00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Applications must have daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the previous employers. Hard copies will not be accepted. Please quote the job reference number in the application. NOTE:
- It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents in the applications.
- Applicants should seek clearance from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI), Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) and CRB.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification