REF NO: ORPP6 /ADM/ 2017
Office of the Registrar of Political Parties (ORPP) was established by the Political Parties Act, 2011 as a state office within the meaning of Article 260 of the Constitution of Kenya. Function of the ORPP is to register, regulate, monitor, investigate and supervise political parties to ensure compliance with the Act, and administer the Political Parties Fund. ORPP invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position pf Office Administrator
Responsibilities for the Office Administrator Job
- Recording dictation in shorthand and transcribing it in typewritten form;
- Typing from drafts, manuscripts or recording from dictation machines;
- Processing data;
- Managing the e-office;
- Operating office equipment and machines;
- Managing of office protocol;
- Managing office petty cash;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments; and
- Ensuring security of office records, documents and equipment.
Requirements for the Office Administrator Job
For direct appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- Bachelors degree in any of the following: Secretarial Studies or Business and Office Management from
- a recognized institution from a recognized institution;
- Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences and Diploma in Secretarial Studies from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.
For appointment to this grade an officer must have:-
- served in the grade of Office Administrator II or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or nprivate sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council;
- Business Education Single and Grade Certificates (BES & GC) Stages I, II and III from the Kenya
- National Examinations Council in the following subjects:
- Shorthand III (minimum 120 w.p.m.);
- Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.)/Certificate in Computerized Document;
- Processing III;
- Business English III/Communications II;
- Commerce II;
- Office Practice II; and
- Office Management III/Office Administration and Management III;
- Certificate in Secretarial Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks form a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Public Relations and Customer Care from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution; and shown merit, ability and competence as demonstrated in work performance and results.
How to Apply
A qualified candidate should submit:
An application letter, with detailed Curriculum Vitae (with names of three (3) referees and their mobile and e-mail contacts); a copy of National Identity Card; and copies of Academic Certificates, Testimonials and other relevant supporting documents.
A filled up ORPP Employment Form downloadable on our website www.orpp.or.ke. Candidates should post, hand deliver, or e-mail as attachments their applications, quoting the relevant Job Ref. No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the positions to:-
The Registrar of Political Parties Lion Place, 1st Floor Karuna Close, Off Waiyaki Way, Westlands P.O. BOX 1131 – 00606 Nairobi E-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: 21st July, 2017, 5.00PM East African Time. Please Note that: ORPP is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disability, Youth, People from minority and marginalized groups and communities who meet the requirements of the advertised jobs are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.