Home DRIVING The Public Service Commission Job Vacancy : Driver
Qualifications for the Driver Job
- Served for at least three (3) years in the grade of Driver II, Job Group ‘E’ in the Public Service;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsements(s) for classes of the vehicles the officer is required to drive;
- Passed Occupational Test for Drivers II from Mechanical and Transport Department (Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development);
- A Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from any other recognized institution; (v) attended a refresher course for drivers lasting not less than one (1) week within the last three (3) years at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology(KIHBT) or its equivalent from a recognised institution;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service;
- A First Aid Certificate course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. Johns Ambulance or any other equivalent institution;
- Certificate course in customer care lasting not less than one (1) week;
- Demonstrated outstanding professional competence and integrity in work performance; and
- Demonstrated good conduct, personal discipline, courtesy and respectful behaviour. NOTE: Basic working knowledge in computer applications will be an added advantage.
Responsibilities for the Driver Job
- Driving a vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and braking systems, tyre pressure etc.;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintenance of work ticket(s) for vehicle(s) assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road;
- overseeing security and safety of passengers and/or goods therein;
- maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle; and
- coaching and guiding junior drivers.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.