Citizen Engagement Specialist
Short Term Consultant – Nairobi, Kenya
The World Bank’s Social, Urban, Rural and Resilience Global Practice (GSURR) seeks to recruit a Short Term Consultant (STC) as Citizen Engagement Specialist to be based in the Kenya Country Office.
The Consultant will be supervised and report to the Task Team Leader at the World Bank’s Kenya Accountable Devolution Program.
The Consultant will work with the Council of Governors (CoG) to assist counties in ensuring legal compliance to provisions on citizen engagement, enhance the quality of county citizen engagement mechanisms and support a mechanism for peer-to-peer learning on best practices.
The key tasks of the consultant will be to support the Council of Governors on:
(a) learning & knowledge exchange
(b) capacity building; and
(c) coordination support.
- Annual report detailing county capacity building needs and mapping of existing support offered by various donors/government and other partners in this area.
- Input into the peer-to-peer learning strategy and calendar of events.
- Reports from capacity building sessions and workshops organized for the counties on citizen engagement, to be made publicly available (through the Council of Governors website, media, etc.).
- Advisory briefs on citizen engagement matters to the Council on quarterly basis.
- Facilitate dissemination to counties of existing and new knowledge material on public participation.
Selection Criteria and Electronic Applications:
The successful candidate should be a holder of a Master’s degree or equivalent in any of the following disciplines, Public Policy, Public Administration, Political Science or related field with at least 5 years or more in social accountability, governance and development.
Demonstrated extensive and recent practical experience in aspects of Capacity Building in Public Financial Management (PFM) and citizen engagement.
How to Apply
The World Bank invites qualified individual consultants to view the full position description, complete selection criteria and indicate their interest by submitting an online application at the World Bank e-Consultant2 website.
To apply, please go to: https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html click on > Business Opportunities> Selection No#1213919.
The expression of interest and CV must include academic qualifications, experience and description of similar assignments performed. Note that this is not a request for financial and/or technical proposals.
Interested applicants should submit an application by close of business March 17, 2016.
The World Bank Group is committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, nationality, culture and educational background.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.