Science Teacher – Tinker Education, EMCAST
Job Category: Primary Science Teacher
Qualification Level: Degree
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 3 years
Job Level: Full Time
Description: Our business is involved in solutions for Kenya’s innovative education through Teacher Training, STEM curriculum, e-Learning Platform, Digital Book Platform, Digital Content Creation, and Pilot Project Implementation.
Details: Candidates must hold a degree in Science / Education and previous experience at an IGCSE school as a student and/or teacher.
Additionally and key to this role, the candidate chosen should demonstrate friendly enthusiasm towards educating young children and youth.
This position requires a minimum of 3 years teaching experience, excellent communication skills, as well as knowledge of Microsoft Office and OA (office automation) Skills, and a keen interest in STEM education and education technology.
Our teacher will be responsible for preparing lessons and guiding students through their school homework and Tinker Education learning content.
The post holder must deliver efficient and effective reporting that defines the progress (successes and solutions to any challenges) of each student.
Excellent organizational and planning abilities are needed to study and deliver resource materials used in online and offline education.
The candidate should exhibit strong customer service coordination with head office, management, and parents/guardians.
This teacher will collaborate with the Tinker Education office team and report to the Manager and Education Director as we focus on delivery of a Learning Management System for STEM education through computer science.
As part of a start-up, please note, our work environment is collaborative, flexible, fast-paced, and deadline driven.
- Candidates must hold a degree in Science/Education and previous experience at an IGCSE school as a student and/or teacher.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in Science.
- Ability to teach IGCSE Sciences proficiently.
- Understanding of STEM education, education technology and experience of E-Learning environments is not necessary but advantageous.
- Passion for teaching and can demonstrate an ability to work with children.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work across boundaries.
- Effectively interact, communicate, and work well as a team member with internal and external partners at all levels of the organization globally.
- Ability to build rapport and trust with internal stakeholders. Honesty is integral to our business practice! Must possess a high level of integrity.
- MS Office experience and OA (office automation) Skills.
- Willingness to learn new products/technologies and promote the development of STEM education in Kenya.
- Prepare lessons beforehand and correspond with management concerning the materials / devices / kits required.
- Set up each class and guide students in their assignments and Tinker Education activities.
- Draft, demo and execute a lesson with the aid of teaching resources and self-study.
- Utilize the Tinker Education Learning Sequence and encourage collaboration amongst students.
- Ensure that all lessons and student report deadlines (internal and external) are met.
- Facilitate and actively participate in strategy sessions with the Tinker Education team.
- Effectively communicate with the team (and clients) with respect to content delivery, progress reports and student participation.
- Answer inquiries from internal business partners using your local knowledge of Kenya.
- Promote efficiency, consistency, and professionalism.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed, such as administrative support and training.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] outlining your interest and suitability for this position.
Deadline for applications 30th June 2017.