About us / company profile
Total Kenya Limited is part of The Total Group, which is the fourth largest publicly traded integrated international Oil and Gas Company in the world with presence in over 130 countries.
In Kenya, it has a marketing and distribution network covering the entire country. We are seeking to recruit performance driven professionals in the above position.
The Retail Category Manager will be responsible for developing product categories in terms of range optimization, turnover and margins.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Shop Food & Services Manager, the incumbent shall be responsible for the following:-
- Expanding the product range in all Bonjour shops through signing contracts with suppliers
- Enhancing the portfolio of suppliers to maximize value to customers, retailers and Total.
- Ensure TOTAL BONJOUR shop offering is consistent and exceeds customer expectations and is in line with set standards.
- Assist in the development of TOTAL SFS business plan, category strategy, marketing programmes, operational standards and the execution of approved work plans.
- Plan and subsequently manage the selection, procurement and merchandising of products within the categories for which the Category Manager has responsibility; specifically to deal with issues of pricing, product range, layout, updating of plannograms, merchandising, promotions, suppliers, space and distribution.
- Negotiating with suppliers and third parties on leasing of space and ensuring contracts are in place. Ensure payment of royalties and rent by suppliers and third parties within the agreed terms
- Maintaining an approved list of products and suppliers for Bonjour shops
- Conducting defined business review meetings with suppliers to assess category performance
- Analyzing performance per category, setting and implementing the required remedial measures
- Implementing the annual promotional calendar as agreed with suppliers
- Defining and disseminating promotional communication to Dealers in liaison with the Shop Food & Services Manager
- Analyzing the effectiveness of promotions and its impact on sales
- Work closely with the Network Territory Managers, Retailers and the entire network team to develop the offering, ensure its consistency and maximize value to Total, retailers and customers.
- Compiling and relaying the necessary reports to the relevant parties for decision making
Qualifications, Competencies & Experience
The job holder will require the following minimum qualifications:-
- Bachelors Degree in business studies with a penchant for marketing
- At least three (3) years experience in retail sales, Supermarkets or Convenience stores channels OR experience in a FMCG’s sales and distribution environment
- Demonstrated evidence of ‘Enterprise First’ values and behavior will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Ability to communicate, document and sell complex concepts ensuring clear understanding by the audience at all levels.
- Ability to conduct reviews before, during and after projects and give appropriate feedback.
- Well developed knowledge of sales and promotional activity at a retail level
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Hygiene regulations
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, communication, organizational and team leadership skills
- Ability to prioritize, autonomy, firm approach & customer-oriented mindset
- Valid Driving License as the job will involve regular field travel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here