Tourism Finance Corporation (TFC) is the leading Development Financial Institution (DFI) providing affordable and accessible financial facilities and advisory services to the Tourism Industry.
TFC’s mission is to develop and diversify Kenya’s Tourism industry by providing a range of advisory and financial services to investors in tourism related enterprises.
The Corporation is seeking to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following position:
Chief ICT Officer
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Chief ICT Officer will be responsible for developing, implementing, and securing ICT systems including overseeing implementation of ICT projects.
The job holder will also interpret and implement ICT policies and strategies.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and evaluate ICT program activities.
- Develop and manage ICT vendor relation.
- Coordinate the implementation of ICT projects and providing guidance to ICT project managers.
- Coordinate ICT feasibility studies and market research and evaluating results for implementation.
- Oversee quality assurance review, and provide overall direction and guidance to assigned project personnel.
- Interpret policies and manage ICT programs in the Corporation in line with ICT goals and strategic objectives.
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the development and implementation of security of ICT data and systems.
- Undertake periodic review of ICT systems projects and procedures and recommend improvements.
- Prepare ICT status reports and ensure professional standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- Initiate policy review and update existing regulations on computing management including drawing of specifications for ICT services and system projects.
- Work with officers under him/her in formulating and presenting suggestions for development of ICT strategic plans.
- Advise on emerging new technologies and development.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Information System, Computer Engineering.
- A Master’s degree from a recognize university.
- Any ICT specialized certification such as MCSE, CISM, CISA, CCNA, MCP,A+,DBA,CISCO etc.
- At least 7 years’ experience with 3 years in a managerial position.
- Member of Computer Society of Kenya or equivalent professional body.
- Programming skills.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate feasibility and sustainability of ICT projects.
- Project organization, management and control.
- Good communication skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Team Player.
Shortlisted candidates for all that above positions will be expected to comply with chapter six (6) of the Constitution, 2010.
Compliance certificates from the following institutions should be attached.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Higher Education Loans Board.
How to Apply
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter illustrating their suitability for the above positions against the listed qualifications/competences and skills, a detailed and updated CV, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials, National ID, details and contacts of three professional referees, as well as current and expected remuneration to reach the undersigned by 1st July, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be accorded a competitive remuneration package
Ag. Managing Director Tourism Finance Corporation Utalii House, 11th Floor P.O. Box 42013, 00100. Nairobi
TFC is an equal opportunity employer