Trade Development Manager Job At Dorbe Leit (400K)
Our client is one of the world’s twenty leading research-driven pharmaceutical companies with 130 years of experience. The company was established in 1885 and operates globally with 146 affiliates and more than 47,700 employees. The Trade Marketing Manager will be reporting to the Commercial Manager.
Trade Development Manager Job Purpose
- The job holder will be responsible for leading the design and execution of channel/customer related strategies based on deep understanding of shoppers, category, product and trade. The job holder will also be responsible for category captaincy, promotions and customer marketing plans and lead channel/customer data analysis via agencies, local systems (Qlick view, VEEVA). This role will design and execute programs to build capabilities of sales and commercial organizations across Kenya to execute trade marketing strategies.
- This incumbent will design and roll out regional programs such as “perfect store” to leverage customer and shopper insights and drive and executional excellence in key growth customers
- He/she will be responsible to ensure sales delivery by closely collaborating with sales managers to ensure sufficiency. The role involves high levels of collaboration with category managers, regional/global marketing, regional trade marketing and local sales organization to ensure short term and long term sufficiency.
Trade Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- Deliver sales, share, sales fundamental targets across channels in Kenya
- Create “blue print” sales model for new products providing volume; value and share forecasts for medium to long term planning
- Owner of channel related strategies and plans to deliver channel/customer specific KPIs; Design and roll out customer/channel KPIs leveraging shopper learnings and tools (VEEVA)
- Owner of all category management and shopper insights across all national/regional customers. Design a compelling trade selling proposition relevant to customer engagement.
- Sales input for NBOs; incl pipeline and calendar for launches
- Provide a clear pharmacy and doctor segmentation models. Lead CVM for the market.
- Design route plan optimization and coverage efficiency models for doctors and pharmacies.
- Design territory coverage models as part of the CRM process
- Develop in store visibility guidelines (e.g. share of shelf requirements, planograms, category layout and proper adjacencies) and measurement tools across the region. Design perfect store initiative across all channels and markets
- Develop product availability, range guidelines and MSL by outlet format
- Drive and deliver in-store POP and POS innovation projects
- Design promotional guidelines and tools to measure (ROI on promotional spend)
- Coach and train relevant colleagues on category management and in-store execution standards and the BI Way (e.g. 9 steps of the call)
- Sales, share and in store KPIs by channel for Kenya
- Establishment of a robust category vision based on shopper and customer insights. Translate the key insights into a value add category leadership position with BI’s key trade customers
- Significant efficiency improvement of selling and detailing resources based on customer segmentation and targeting and coverage optimization initiatives. Measure and quantify efficiency improvements
- A complete revamp of in-store standards across all channels. Consistent increase of share of shelf and share of display across targeted outlets
- Expanded distribution of MSL (must stock list) SKU in identified outlet formats. Measure increase of numeric and weighted distribution
- Enhanced efficiency and effectiveness of promotional activities. Quantify improved ROI on promotional spend
- Improved efficiency of sales organization(BI and distributor) based on upgraded capability and knowhow of the BI Way, category knowledge and in-store executional guideline
Qualifications For Trade Development Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in sales and Marketing or any Business related field (Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Trade marketing; proven track record in developing
channel/customer specific strategies/plans
- Experience working with quantitative & qualitative Research
- Experience in working with retailers and distributors
- Proven track record in developing category strategy and putting it into excellence execution and performance
- Working experience with Innovation projects, acquaintance with innovation tools & methods
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Externally focused; thinks from the customer point of view
- Must be capable of thinking strategically
- Strong innovative skills
- Must be able to work well in cross functional teams, both as a team player and a
- team leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead through influence
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong skills in managing complexity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Results driven
- Well-structured, focused and good at setting clear priorities
- Proven self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for business, and results orientation.
- Organizational Skills – Able to manage periods of heavy and conflicting demands
- Proactive & Self confident
How to Apply
Apply here by 15th July 2016.