Chief Trade Development Officer Jobs Vacancies at Kakamega County, Kenya
Pursuant to the Constitution of Kenya (2010) and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the County Government of Kakamega invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Chief Trade Development Officer, Job Group ‘M’ (1 Post)
Trade Development Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Participate in the development of the County through development and investment programs.
- Market and promote existing and potential investment opportunities within the county
- Develop wholesale and retail trade and promote business producer groups
- Manage credit schemes for the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
- Develop and implement policies of the investment section.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Trade Development Officer
Requirements for Trade Development Officer Jobs in Kenya
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in the public or private sector
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/Economics/Business Administration/International Trade or related field
- A certificate in management of not less than four weeks
- Knowledge of Economic, Social, Political and Development issues
- Strong leadership, organization and coordination skills
- Demonstrated professional, technical and administrative competency as reflected in work performance and results.
- Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
Terms: Permanent and Pensionable. If you had applied, please do not re-apply
Applicants For The Above Positons Are Required To Get Clearance From The Following To Meet Requirements Of Chapter 6 Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega county residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to: The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board P.O. BOX 458-50100 Kakamega Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor. All applications should reach this office on or before 1st March, 2016