Title: Trainer /Clinical Supervisor
Location: Southern province, Rwanda
Term of Contract: One year (renewable)
The Rwandan Organization of Professional Counselors ARCT – Ruhuka is a National Nonprofit Making Organization , formed in April, 30th 1998 from the former Trócaire Trauma Program by 13 Counselors, and officially registered under the Ministerial Decree No.97/11 on 28/July , 2004, and registered by Rwanda Governance Board (RGB). Our mission: is to lead the development and application of innovative psychosocial approaches to mental health services and strengthen professional capacity in understanding, treating and preventing mental health problems for sustainable development., and Our Vision is a Rwanda where all people have access to integrated mental health services.
ARCT-RUHUKA seek to recruit 2 qualified Trainers / Clinical Supervisors for one of its projects called “Safe Schools for Girls” (SS4G) that is being implemented in partnership with YWCA and Care International , which will be operating in the Southern province working with 12 YBE schools.
Purpose of the position: To support the overall functioning of ARCT-Ruhuka to fulfill its mission, and to achieve SS4G project goals in particular.
Key Duties: Under the supervision of project management, the trainer/clinical supervisor will assist in the following activities:
1. Work as part of ARCT –Ruhuka technical team
2. To develop detailed project implementation work plan
3. To collaborate with the training program in developing a tailored training manual for mentors in 12YBE capacity building efforts.
4. To regularly monitor and mentor the mentors during quarterly clinical supervision support, to ensure that appropriate data for training , clinical supervision and counseling services are collected and appropriate indicators are chosen, updated and measured.
5. To work closely with the Directors of schools and District Educational officers to coordinate and implement this mentorship training and intervention program work plan.
6. Monitor clinical counseling services , providing supervisions and mentoring, and putting in place strategies to ensure high quality and professional services
7. Monitor clients progress records and collect reports from mentors and create networks of relevant interveners/stake holders for referral purposes , and maintain a data base system of mentors and clients,
8. Preparation of reports, including informal weekly updates , monthly and quarterly reports, with success stories /theories of change
9. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills/Qualities Required
ü Ability to motivate people and work effectively in teams and partnerships with a various groups of stakeholders
ü Demonstrate ability to provide training of Trainers and clinical counseling skills.
ü Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills (both written and verbal)
ü Demonstrated computer based skills, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and e-mail
ü Developed level of initiative and able to work semi-independently and solve problems
ü Bachelor degree (A0 or A1) in Counseling , Clinical psychology, mental health Nursing with at least 3 – 5 years practical field experience
ü Previous experience in training and clinical supervision and counseling is required
ü Current experience in a variety of clinical areas
ü Previous experience in school based education/mentorship is preferred
ü Willingness to work and/or live in a rural setting
ü Proficiency in the English language, spoken and written; Kinyarwanda and French.
Applications should be submitted with the following documents:
• Application letter addressed to the Chair Person of ARCT-Ruhuka
• Signed CV with previous experiences
• Notified copies of academic qualifications
• Copy of ID
The deadline of submission of all applications is fixed on the 7th September, 2015 at 12:00 at ARCT – Ruhuka Head offices at Kibagabaga in Kimironko sector, or email address all the required documents to: [email protected]; Contact number : 0787104307.
Done at Kigali 25/08/2015
Chairperson – ARCT-Ruhuka