The Transition Authority (TA) is a Statutory Body with a Constitutional Mandate of facilitating and coordinating the transition to the devolved system of government pursuant to the provisions of the Transition to Devolved Government Act 2012 and section 15(2) (d) of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
In order to effectively deliver on its mandate, the Transition Authority seeks to recruit high caliber, visionary and result- oriented professionals from qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following key positions.
Three (3) Posts
Terms of service: contractual for a period of four (4) months subject to continuous satisfactory performance
Salary: attractive and competitive package
Research Officer – Legal and Intergovernmental Relations
Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Officer, Legal and Intergovernmental Relations will report to the Programme Officer, Legal and Inter-Governmental Relations and will be responsible for:
• identifying projects and preparing concept papers to justify need for research; and
• developing work plans, research questions, project concept notes, and field research guides;
• collecting and collating research data and compilation of research reports, briefing notes and other materials as required
• organizing workshops for dissemination of research findings;
• organizing coordination meetings and workshops with stakeholders and partners
• identifying and developing possible areas for partnership with local organizations, universities, research institutions, etc;
• reviewing literature and legislation relevant to the functions of the Authority;
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
• Bachelor of Laws Degree
• and a post graduate diploma from the Council of Legal Education;
• been admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
• minimum period of two (2) years working experience, experience as a researcher in the Public Service or Private Sector or International Organization will be an added advantage;
• demonstrated merit and ability in applied research work such as situation analysis and monitoring and evaluation, research methodology, data collection and analysis using appropriate software such as SPSS will also be an added advantage; and
• understanding of transition to devolved system of government as provided for in the Kenyan Constitution 2010.
• Have advanced computer application skills
Important information to all the applications
• Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce originals of their National Identity card, academic and professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
How to Apply
Manual application should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
The Secretary/CEO Transition Authority Ex- telecoms House – 5th Floor P.O Box 10736-00100 Nairobi
Or hand delivered to 5th floor, Ex-telecoms house between 8.00 a.m to 5.00 p.m on working days.
Online application may be submitted as Ms Word/PDF attachment via email to [email protected]
Closing date: 16th October, 2015
Stephen K. Makori CEO / Secretary Transition Authority