Vacancy: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi
Job Summary: Transparency International – Kenya (TI-Kenya) is part of the Transparency International movement that is a non-partisan coalition of individuals with a shared vision of a corruption free world.
TI-Kenya is an autonomous chapter in the Transparency International movement, a global coalition against corruption with which we share knowledge and exchange ideas for the greater good of Kenya.
TI-Kenya is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager. The Finance Manager will manage the organisation’s finance docket and ensure that funds are well utilised while minimizing risk and maintaining adequate finance control structures.
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Finance Manager will take full responsibility for strategic financial management function of TI-Kenya; including but not limited to budgeting, resource mobilization, maintenance of accurate accounting records, reporting both internally and externally in a timely manner and supervision of the Finance staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation in conjunction with the Head of Programmes, Programme coordinators and Programme Officers of the Work Plans of TI-Kenya and in particular advising the Executive Director and Programme Officers in all budget and finance matters relevant to the performance of the Organisation’s obligations under the Strategic Plan.
• Ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting as per the terms of TI-Kenya’s contractual agreements with donors; and advising the Executive Director on the same
• Set up and administer accounting and administrative systems, processes and procedures as required by the Organisation, donors and as per statutory requirements.
• Establish systems and procedures for the efficient management of the Organisation and its records.
• Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete accounting records.
• Ensure continuous management of cash flow.
• Institution and enforcement of controls over TI-Kenya’s assets and financial resources.
• Ensure preparation of timely and accurate financial reports as per management needs, Board, donor and statutory requirements.
• Ensure preparation of annual and phased budgets based on TI-Kenya’s strategic work plans and continuous monitoring and management of these budgets in liaison with Programme Staff.
• Coordination of all TI-Kenya audits (annual and ad hoc), provide satisfactory responses to any queries and ensure implementation of any recommendations suggested and agreed with auditors.
• Develop and implement measures to ensure the organization’s financial sustainability
• Set up, manage and oversee the paid-services unit of the organization
• Giving financial guidance in fundraising; including but not limited to constant donor liaison, timely extraction of fundraising budgets, attending meetings with donors, participate in funding negotiations and reporting meetings.
• Ensure maintenance of a comprehensive fixed asset register and that all assets are accounted for and well safeguarded.
• Provide up to date tax advisory to TI-Kenya through constant liaison with TI-Kenya’s tax consultants.
• Set up of reliable financial and procurement policies and guidelines and ensuring efficient and effective implementation of the same.
• Oversight and management of all TI-Kenya procurements to ensure that laid down procedures are followed.
• Development of a reliable and comprehensive chart of accounts per project, per donor and maintenance of the general ledger using a reliable accounting package.
• Providing support to programs; financial or otherwise from time to time.
• Training all programme staff to analyse and track budgets for purposes of advocacy and accountability.
• Master’s Degree in Finance/ MBA majoring in Finance
• Bachelor of Commerce degree, with a major in Accounts/Finance
• CPA (K)
• Active member of a finance professional body
• At least 7 years’ experience including at least three years at senior level in an NGO/CSO setup.
• High degree of integrity
• Proven experience in strategic financial management
• Systems development and implementation
• Costing and cost control
• Budgeting and budgetary control and brand profitability management
• Financial reporting
• Cash management
• Taxation expertise
• Decision making and problem solving skills
• Relationship building and maintenance
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• IT skills
• Understanding and experience in application of value for money concepts
How to Apply
Interested and qualified individuals are requested to submit one document as an attachment (combining the application letter and CV with at least three referees) by email on/before close of business on 16th October 2015 to: email@example.com
Please include the reference: Finance Manager as the subject of your email applications.
Do not attach your testimonials or certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.