Job Title:Transport Manager
Company: FCm Travel Solutions – Kenya
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
FCm Travel Solutions – Kenya (trading as Charleston Travel Ltd) is seeking a Transport Manager to effectively assist in the administration of our transport office by providing service excellence through exceptional people management skills and competence in fleet management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervision and oversight of a mid-size transport department ensuring all processes and procedures are adhered to;
- Customer service excellence; ensure all clients’ expectations as per transport SLAs are met and exceeded and complaints and crises are resolved within the set timelines;
- Correct allocation of drivers in the schedule and ensuring proper briefing of drivers with the final transfer Schedule for execution;
- Ensure Transfer Schedule is circulated to relevant staff at the scheduled time;
- Ensure that Company fleet is well maintained and serviced and proper inventory of revenue, expenditure and administrative records are kept;
- Ensure that services offered are authorized/approved for and fully supported with the requisite documentation;
- Ensure that Company vehicles are compliant to all applicable transport policies, legislation and procedures and used in accordance with Company rules and regulations;
- Responsible for optimal utilization of transport department resources and ensure that the department operates within budget;
- General administration of the transport office; ensure personal hygiene and grooming of drivers and other transport department staff as well as cleanliness of all company vehicles as per ISO, company and client standards;
- Evaluation of competency gaps, identify training requirements, improvement of training programs for Transport staff and recommend to HR;
- Ensure overall HR management of transport office, including monthly staff meetings, shift rooster, off schedules, annual leaves and timely appraisals
The successful candidate will have:
- Should have a degree in Business related studies
- Diploma in Logistics and Fleet Management will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience preferably in fleet management
- Should have excellent customer service skills
- Must be computer literate
- Have strong leadership skills
- Have energy & ability to work odd hours
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Must be proactive and able to “think on their feet”
- Must be a team player and able to work well under pressure
- Fast learner and possess a lot of drive and passion for the job.
Charleston Travel Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
If your background, experience and competencies match the above specifications please send a cover letter, your detailed CV indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three referees to [email protected] to reach us not later than 27th April 2018.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis