Treasury Accountant- Capturing Job Vacancies in September
We are a blue chip company, a leader in the broadcasting media sector. Due to expansion and growth, the following position has risen in our organization.
The candidate will perform administrative functions in the Finance Treasury department to ensure all administrative requirements within the Treasury team are being adhered to within the organization.
- Diverse Global Organisation
- Socio-political environment.
- Technological environment.
- Environmental complexities.
- Multi-cultural, participative and performance driven company culture.
- Digital pay television technology / FTA Broadcasters/ OTT players/Internet.
- Changing Regulatory environment.
- Senior Finance Manager
- Stock Accountants
- Stock Controllers
Treasury Accountant Job Key Outputs
- (Products, services, programs and information which the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, or one another to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy)
- Perform interbank account payments
- Ensure that all transactions for foreign creditors and debtors payments performed
- Provide forex buying & selling prices when required for employee travel
- Load payment requests onto banking platforms
- Obtain proof of payments from banks for payments made when required
- Reconcile payments released to the bank statement
- Resolve customer queries as and when required
- Process intercompany, once-off payments and commission payments in the cashbook
- Draft treasury related correspondence such as letters of credit, e-mails and memo’s
- Ensure good working relationships with all relevant stakeholders e.g. – local and international banks
- In conjunction with the Stock Controllers ensure the retrieval of proceeds for Letters of Credit, declarations to bank and appropriate paperwork
- Follow up with the Stock Accounts on letters of credit and ensure that they are submitted to the banks for collection
- Issuing, reconciling and processing of petty cash and travel forex
- Compile monthly Corporate direct cashflows
Competencies & Experience for Treasury Accountant Job
- Bachelor or Master degree in Finance/Economics, preferable extended with courses in the area of Treasury Financial qualification:
- A business related degree
- At least three years’ experience
- CPA (K) Finalist.
- Accounting knowledge
- Creditors reconciliations experience
- Finance / Banking knowledge
- Change process
- Computer proficiency, including use of MS Office and SAP (preferable). MS Excel – spreadsheets
- Management skills.
- Project management skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their CV’s (clearly marked “Treasury Accountant”) on the subject line to: [email protected] Closing date for the applications is on 22nd September 2016