Treasury Clerk Job at African Development Bank, Kenya
The organizational unit is the Treasury Operations and Banking Relationship Division (FTRY.2) of the Treasury Department (FTRY). The objective of the section is to serve as the focal point for the timely processing of all payment receipts and outflows related to administrative payment issues, Swift management and compliance monitoring on settlements.
Treasury Clerk Job Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FTRY.2, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Process the opening of current accounts upon the approval of Treasurer and Identify accounts that are dormant and make recommendations to supervisor on the closure of the accounts.
- Manage and reconcile bank Accounts.
- Monitor the Summit Cash flow for the Bank Group portfolios.
- Sorting out, classifying and filing of 50 plus bank accounts statements, confirmations and advises received by mail and facsimile from correspondent banks.
- Prepare monthly activity report of all transactions processed in the section e.g. total transactions recorded, transfers to replenish accounts, tracer messages sent, and available liquidity sent for investment.
- Send Swift copies of credit advices by e-mail to departments and divisions concerned upon receipt of funds in respect of their portfolios.
- Reconcile all payments made with the Bank’s corporate card during missions with the Financial Control Department (FFCO).
- Provide bank details to staff for reimbursement of loans, mission advances or others. Monitor the inflow of these funds to ensure that necessary accounting entries are posted upon receipt.
- Maintain and update the Master list of all accounts held by the Bank Group including details of bank name, address, account number, General Ledger (GL) number, and contact person. Ensure that this list is updated whenever accounts are closed or opened.
- Prepare yearly report of opened and closed accounts for use by Treasury (FTRY) management and External Auditors.
Selection Criteria for Treasury Clerk Job
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Have at least a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Banking or related field.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years relevant professional experience.
- Have a strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- Be thoroughly familiar with the full range of banking financial products and procedures.
- High level skills in communication and documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Excellent customer service.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint) and the ability to use SUMMIT, SAP and GTMatch.
How to Apply
Click here to apply