Procurement Officer Jobs at Tribeka Holdings, Kenya
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a procurement officer to join our team at Tribeka holdings in Nairobi.
The Procurement Officer shall be responsible for negotiating, acquiring, documenting all purchases as authorized and ensuring that all establishments’ goods are properly received, stored and issued.
Procurement Officer Job Duties in Kenya
- Ensuring that all purchase order requests are properly completed and approved before a purchase order is prepared;
- Ensuring that there are sufficient expendable operating supplies at hand for each department by liaising with the stores staff and/or heads of department;
- Negotiating food prices, placing food orders based on requirements and ensuring prompt delivery;
- Ensuring that the department works closely with the Chef and the restaurant staff to purchase the highest quality products;
- Ensuring that all items received by the establishment are properly documented in accordance with establishments’ purchasing and receiving procedures;
- Generating purchase orders and obtaining authorization prior to processing these orders;
- Placing liquor, beer and wine orders as required;
- Supervising, training and motivating procurement department staff;
- Assisting management with obtaining competitive price quotations;
- Distributing copies of the purchase orders to the receiving departments, to ensure accurate receiving and distribution of goods;
- Establishing and maintaining par stocks on all inventoried items;
- Conducting frequent quality control audits to ensure staff training is well done;
- Coordinating and participating in inventories of food, beverage, operating equipment and supplies; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for Procurement Officer Jobs in Kenya
Appointment to this position will be made from persons who have:
- Diploma/Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or Procurement or Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supplies (CIPS) Diploma from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- At least two (2) years working experience in a comparable position.
- Have good communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills;
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail and creativity;
- Be a strong team player; and
- Proficiency in OPERA Materials Control System.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their CV and Application letter only to; [email protected] and Cc to [email protected] so as to reach us by Thursday 5th April 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.