Trócaire is one of the leading INGO’s operating in Gedo region of Somalia with over 25 years’ experience of delivering health, nutrition and education in the area. In response to severe drought and the threat of famine in 2017, Trocaire is scaling up with a new emergency response that builds on its existing country programme.
Responsibilities for the Programme Manager NGO Job
- Deliver on strategic objectives for the emergency response in line with the Trocaire Humanitarian Strategy for Somalia and Humanitarian Operational Plan
- Coordinate closely with the CMT on strategic humanitarian operational and technical issues in the implementation of the strategy
- Ensure the effective planning, management, identification and utilisation of operational / technical resources, ensuring that the emergency response is resourced and managed, meet minimum quality standards and are delivered in a timely and accountable manner.
- Ensure the Country Director is provided with strategic and relevant information and knowledge to facilitate timely and accountable decision-making in relation to operational/technical dimensions of the response
- Facilitate and participate in coordination mechanisms and networks, in order to guide strategy and define and lead Trócaire’s operational and technical response to the emergency
- Provide backstopping to the Programme Manager and/or Country Director as required and deputise for the Programme Manager in his/her absence.
Programme Manager NGO Job Qualifications
- At least 3rd level degree in area related to humanitarian response or international development
- At least three years’ experience in the design and management of humanitarian response programmes
- At least three years’ experience of leading and managing teams as well as strong team-working skills and experience
- Experience of responding to humanitarian crises through local partners
- Experience in strategic planning and project management
- Experience of Humanitarian Accountability initiatives
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to relate across different organisational functions, structures and levels
- Experience of working in insecure environments
How to Apply
Interested applicants should visit and apply through https://trocaire.workable.com/ by 20th March 2017.
All offers of employment with Trócaire may be subject to police clearance or obtaining a certificate of good conduct.