The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) wishes to recruit a qualified individual to fill the following vacant position:
TSC Scale ‘12’
Qualifications and Experience
- Have a degree in Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management, Building or any other relevant degree from a recognized Institution; a Masters Degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Be registered with the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya;
- Have a minimum ten (10) years of relevant work experience three (3) of which should be at Supervisory level;
- Have comprehensive knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance program and procedures;
- Have considerable knowledge of safety principles and practices;
- Have technical knowledge and skills in working with air conditioning and heating systems;
- Have knowledge and experience with safety, fire, construction and public access regulations;
- Have demonstratable knowledge of working with Computer;
- Have excellent management and organization skills;
- Be flexible and ability to cope with several tasks simultaneously.
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Facility Manager will report to the Director (Office and Administrative Services) and will serve as Head of Facilities.
He/she will serve as the technical advisor on all facilities operations, policy formulation, maintenance, repair, and minor constructions for TSC-owned and long-term leased (LTL) facilities.
In addition the Facility Manager will be:-
- Responsible for the management of services and processes that support the core running of TSC properties;
- Managing activities relating to the operation of the property including maintenance of the building, security of building, cleaning etc;
- Responsible for accomplishing key financial objectives i.e. forecasting key requirements and preparation of annual budgets;
- Maintaining existing properties and assist in resolving tenant complaints, carrying out periodic inspection and enforcing rules of occupancy;
- Preparing periodic reports on the status of the building and other installations;
- Responsible for supervision of facilities staff and contractors;
- Required to ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to;
- Required to ensure all statutory requirements/approvals are obtained and updated accordingly;
Terms of Service: The Benefits will include good remuneration, Group Personal Accident/WIBA Cover, Comprehensive Medical cover, House allowance, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance and membership to the Contributory Staff Retirement Pension Scheme.
Salary TSC Scale 12: Ksh.134, 151 x 3,946 – 138,097 x 3,945 – 142,042 x 3, 946 – 145,
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their written applications including a one page Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials to:
The Secretary/Chief Executive Teachers Service Commission Private Bag Nairobi.