Teachers Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post shown above
Interested candidates who meet the requirements of this advertisement should apply to the Secretary / CEO Teachers Service Commission so as to reach her on or before 30th April, 2016.
Successful candidates will be deployed as County Directors in any of the 47 counties as and when such vacancies arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate the processing of teacher registration;
- Manage the entire placement process in consultation with the headquarters
- Identify and deploy teachers to position of responsibility in consultation with the Headquarters
- Co-ordinate teacher recruitment at the County and ensure that the guiding policies are adhered to;
- Undertake intra-county deployments to ensure staff balance;
- Maintain a Database on all the Vacancies available at the County;
- Co-ordinate the remuneration of all staff and teachers working at the County by ensuring that the Payroll is professionally managed in consultation with Headquarters;
- Co-ordinate the promotion activities at the County and provide back-up data to the Headquarters;
- Handle all discipline matters as per the guidelines provided from the Commission;
- Ensure Standards of Education are maintained and preview technical advice on challenges being experienced at the Counties;
- Manage all Human Resource issues for staff and teachers at the County;
- Prepare the budget and oversee its utilization;
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate performance of teachers and staff at the County and submitting performance appraisal reports to Headquarters annually;
- Oversee the implementation of the commission performance contract targets and submit quarterly reports to the Headquarters.
- Facilitate the processing of on-line teacher registration
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
Applicants should fulfill the following conditions:-
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be at Job Group ‘P’ and above
- Must have a Bachelor of Education Degree from a recognized University. OR Bachelors Degree and Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Be Computer Literate
- Be conversant with TSC operations at the Headquarters, Counties and School level.
- Be conversant with the current trends and reforms in the Education Sector.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- Must comply with the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply online through the TSC website – www.teacheronline.go.ke
Manual applications will NOT be considered.
Nancy Njeri Macharia, OGW Secretary/Chief Executive