Teachers Service Commission
Vacancies for Principals of Teacher Training Colleges
Advert No. 2/2016
The Teachers Service Commission is a Constitutional Commission established under article 237 of the Constitution. Pursuant to its mandate, the Commission is advertising positions for Principals of Teacher Training Colleges to fill vacant posts.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements of this advertisement should apply to the Secretary / CEO Teachers Service Commission so as to reach her on or before 30th April, 2016.
Successful candidates will be deployed as Principals in any TTC where vacancies exist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a lead educator and administrator in the institution;
- Teach subjects of specialization;
- Manage and implement institutional curriculum;
- Manage the teaching functions in the institution including the evaluation of curriculum delivery;
- Be responsible for education policy and professional practice at the institutional level including maintenance of teaching standards;
- Procure goods and services within the public procurement guidelines for institutional use;
- Be the custodian of the records of the institution;
- Be Secretary to the Board of Management (BoM) and ensure execution of the decision of the BoM and diligent utilization of institutional resources;
- Be responsible for the resource mobilization, project planning, administration and management of human resource;
- Ensure maintenance of high standards of discipline by both staff and Learners;
- Ensure compliance to the statutory requirements and other relevant laws related to employment;
- Be responsible for the establishment and maintenance of a safe and conducive environment for learners;
- Be conversant with relevant articles in the constitution including articles 6(3), 10, 47(1 and 2), 201, 232(1),53 and other laws and regulations that relate to education.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Should be at Job Group ‘P’ and above;
- Be in possession of Bachelor of Education Degree (B.E.D) or Bachelors Degree and Post Graduate Degree in Education (PGDE)from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least 8 years in administrative position.
- Proven track record of performance;
- Must have maintained a clean record of service;
- Must satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution;
- Be computer literate.
NB. A Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should apply Online through the TSC Website – www.teacheronline.go.ke.
Manual applications will NOT be considered.
Nancy Njeri Macharia, OGW Secretary/Chief Executive