The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) wishes to recruit a qualified individual to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Deputy Director (Supply Chain Management Services)
TSC Scale 13
One (1) Post
Advert No. 26/2015
Qualifications and Experience
- Have served for at least twelve (12) years in Supply Chain Management or related field three(3) of which should be at a Senior Management Position.
- Have a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Commerce, Purchasing and Supply Chain or any other related field;
- Have Professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies CIPS, KISM;
- Have a Masters degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics or related field;
- Must be a member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management(CIPS) or Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
- Have attended a Senior Management Course;
- Have demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Be conversant with modern Computer package used in Supply Chain Management;
- Meet the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The officer will report to Commission Secretary/CEO and will be responsible for the efficient and effective management of the Supply Chain Management Services Division and will perform the following duties.
- Ensuring that procurement in the Commission is done as per the Public Procurement and Disposal Act, 2005 and other statues, rules and regulations;
- Implementing Supply Chain Management structures and systems for effective service delivery;
- Coordinating the development of the strategic plans of the Division;
- Maintain and update annual standing lists of registered suppliers required by the Commission;
- Secretary to the Tender Committee;
- Prepare consolidated procurement and disposal plans and budget;
- Implement the decisions of the Procurement, Tender and Disposal Committees;
- Prepare contract documents in line with the award decisions and monitor contract management by user departments for implementation as per terms and conditions of the contract;
- Carry out any other functions or duties as may be provided under the Act or the Regulations and any other functions that may be stipulated by the authority;
- Ensure that the performance targets for your Division are met;
- Prepare Quarterly reports and submit to the relevant agencies and ensure that the Institution complies with all Public Procurement policies.
Terms of Service: The Benefits will include good remuneration, Group Personal Accident/WIBA Cover, Comprehensive Medical cover, House allowance, Commuter allowance, Leave allowance and
membership to the Contributory Staff Retirement Pension Scheme.
Salary TSC Scale 13: Ksh.153,878 x 8,549 – 162,427 x 8,549 – 170,976 x 8,549 – 179,525 x 8,549 – 188,074 x 8,549 – 196,623 x 8,549 – 205,182 p.m.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their written applications including a one page Curriculum Vitae, certificates and testimonials to:
The Secretary/Chief Executive Teachers Service Commission Private Bag Nairobi.